Monday, May 12, 2014

Le Pliage Plunge

So I've finally decided to take the plunge and get the cult worthy Longchamp Le Pliage Large Tote.  I've been searching for a while for a decent size tote bag that zips to bring with me to Greece, and in my search I realized that the Le Pliage bag was the bag I've been looking for.  It's super light weight, can fold up, and has the zip top plus snap closure for added security.  I know I'm going to be walking around a lot so I need something that isn't heavy and that can carry a bunch.  I've also heard a lot of stories of people being pick pocketed, and I would like to avoid that so I like that this has two ways to close it.  Now the only thing I need to decide is what color I want.


I plan to use this bag as my purse carry on, and all through Greece, but I would like to be able to use this bag when I come back as well.  These bags seem pretty sturdy so I'm thinking that this is something that I am going to have for a while.  I really love Longchamp's summer colors, they're so pretty and bright, but I'm not sure if they're the best choice.  While the Pink, Lagoon, and Azure, are great for this time of year, I don't feel like they're realistic for all year-round.  I think that the New Navy and Slate are both more practical to wear throughout the year, and they are great colors that will go with just about everything.  However even if I've narrowed it down to New Navy and Slate, I still need to pick between the two!

I would love to know what all of your thoughts on the colors are!  Do I do Summer colors or something more practical?  Do I do New Navy or Slate?  Also do you have a Le Pliage tote and if you do, do you love it?  Tell me everything below!


  
                
Make sure to add me on Snapchat - @kthomp22!

17 comments:

  1. I don't have one of these, but I would love to get one! I'd probably go for navy because it would go with just about anything!

    Kristin
    thedixiedaisy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry about the multiple deletes -

    I have the large Le Pliage in Bilberry and absolutely love it! I would definitely recommend going for a darker colour if your planning on using it heavily - like carry it around all the time in Greece and then for school in the fall. They clean fairly easily but I feel like a lighter colour would get really dirty, really quickly. I use mine for school and travelling and it's really great for both.

    I really don't think you'll regret this purchase!
    xo, Katie
    http://hyperactivedaydream.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the slate or navy only because they are more everyday year round colors!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a similar Dooney and Bourke bag in black and I love it. If I were purchasing one, I would go for black or navy. But that azure one is really beautiful!

    Also, although reports of overseas pickpocketing can be somewhat exaggerated, having a bag that zips all the way closed is important for any city environment - so this bag looks like a great option! Plus, I prefer a bag that closes all the way while traveling - makes it easier to shove under the seat in front of you when you know that nothing will accidentally fall out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the Lagoon color. I've had mine in a light olive green for three years. The corners wear but if you get it at Nordstrom they will repair them for free. Overall it's the best bag I've ever owned. I'll be buying another one as soon as mine bites the dust. Kind of wish that would happen soon so I can pick one up in a nice spring color.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the pink but I can see how it may not be practical in the winter. I think azure could work all year round though! But if you are definitely deciding between slate and new navy, I say new navy. Slate is weird to me and I like how the brown handle looks with the navy. Also so jealous that you are getting one of these I have yet to come up with an excuse to justify the price. Greece is a pretty good reason!

    xoxo Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this bag! I have it in both navy and black! I love the summer colors - so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aahh I remember all of my roommates in college had Longchamp bags and I was positively GREEN with envy. The navy bag is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the azure in the summer colours but if you're being practical I'd go with the slate.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That bag is perfect for Greece!! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great choice, lightweight and stylish! Should look great on your shoulder in Greece!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I used a Longchamp for most of high school as a school bag and got a new one in college and have used it to travel with as well. They're well worth the price! I even put my through the washer (not recommended, but I didn't have much to lose) and it survived. I'd go with a neutral color to use all year.

    Happy shopping! Vanessa
    Vanessa Lang Design

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have one in Bilberry, and the other one in Praline (a caramel neutral brown). Both are very versatile and all season wearable. Slate is an all-to-go color, but it can be a bit boring, so I suggest Navy for the best pick!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to stop by The Blush Blonde! I love all of your comments and make sure to read each one! xoxo

f