Sunday, July 7, 2013

Baking Soda Beauty #2: Face Masks

This post is a part of my Baking Soda Beauty series, make sure to check out Baking Soda Beauty #1.
I love to make homemade face masks & baking soda is a great ingredient to include in them.  It works well to fight pimples & blackheads, & absorbs oil well.  Using baking soda on your face is a great natural alternative to all the chemical products out there (I'm not hating on chemicals, I do use them, but sometimes it's nice to use something a little more natural).  Putting baking soda into a face mask that you make can work wonders!  A few days ago I was searching for a homemade face mask recipe, & found a bunch on Pinterest, through this website.  I decided to try the one below (Mask 1), & it worked great, I did have to alter the proportions of recipe a little though.  It's a mask that is meant to target blackheads, yet I found it did some other things.  After using it my skin felt so smooth, & looked much brighter, I believe both came from the citric acid in the orange juice, which is a natural Alpha Hydroxy Acid (AHA).  Equally as great, Mask 2 is an old remedy that is very basic but can really help to clear acne and pimples.

Mask 1

Ingredients: 
1.5 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. orange juice 

Instructions:
-Mix ingredients together; you want them to have the consistency of a watery paste so if you find it to be too watery add more baking soda, if you find it to be too dry add more orange juice.
-Apply to face.
-Leave on for 20 minutes.
-Rinse off.

Mask 2

Ingredients:
baking soda
water

Instructions:
-Mix together baking soda & water to form a paste.
-Apply to face.
-Leave on for 10 minutes.
-Rinse off.

Enjoy these face masks & all their benefits.  Do you have any homemade face mask recipes?  If you do let me know I'm always looking to try new ones!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to stop by The Blush Blonde! I love all of your comments and make sure to read each one! xoxo

f