Thanksgiving is my absolute favorite holiday. I feel like it is the most under appreciated holiday, because it seems like everyone goes from Halloween straight to Christmas. I also feel like people only look forward to Thanksgiving for the food, don't get me wrong the food is great, but I feel like people forget the real meaning of Thanksgiving.
I love Thanksgiving because it isn't about presents or decorations (even though there are some really cute decorations out there & my Mom owns most of them!), it's about family and giving thanks. Although it shouldn't be the only time of year to do this, it's a great opportunity to really reflect on what you're thankful for. Now I'm going to get off my soapbox & share what I'm thankful for this year!
1. I am thankful for my wonderful family. I'm so lucky to have these amazing people in my life who support me & give me all the extra help that I need.
2. I'm thankful for my amazing friends & sorority sisters. I really have the greatest friends who are kind, helpful, & people I am always learning from.
3. I am thankful for my home. I feel like I have two homes now, both school & my family's home are home for me. Even though the latter of the two changed this past year it's reminded me what the word home truly means.
4. I'm thankful for all that I have gained from blogging. Starting this little space was one of my best decisions, it has taught me so much & I have created some great friendships because of it! Even on the days when blogging seems hard I still love everything about it & the blogosphere.
5. I am thankful for my dog. Coco is always happy & loves unconditionally, which really makes every day better.
6. I am thankful for Villanova. Villanova has made an incredible impact on my life & will always hold a place in my heart. My life has been changed for the better because of school & I have learned so much and met so many people through my incredible journey here.
I hope this year that everyone remembers what Thanksgiving is truly about, & can bring a little of that into their every day lives. Have the most amazing day & enjoy this lovely holiday!